Monday, June 15, 2015

Crochet Ice Pop Cozies / Ice Pop Sleeves / Ice Pop Holders

My kids gave me a wonderful summer crochet idea--Crocheted sleeves that slide up and down ice pops to protect their fingers from the cold.  Of course I had to consult Google to investigate this further.  Lo and behold, ice pop cozies are  "thing" after all!

These unique and lovingly detailed ice pop cozies are perfect for protecting little (and big!) fingers from frosty-cold ice pops. Both ends of each cozy "sleeve" are open, so they can be slid up the ice pop with ease while pushing the yummy ice inside to the top.

These are not only cute but practical as well. There is no need to waste paper towels each time your kiddos enjoy an ice pop treat because these can be used multiple times. If they become soiled, just pop them in the wash!

Also, when summer is over, why not re-purpose and play with them as adorable finger puppets?

Mermaids, Dragons, Unicorns and Dinos... Oh my!

Because my kiddos are into all things whimsical, I decided to create a set of four fun ice pop cozies to start.  My first set consisted of a mermaid, dragon, unicorn and dinosaur.  They are highly detailed with 3D appliques, embroidery and button eyes.  For children under 3 years old, I can make the eyes with crocheted appliques and embroidery instead of tiny buttons for obvious safety reasons.  These cozy creatures can be found in my Etsy shop and by clicking on the photo link below.



Chilly Arctic Critter Cozies

My next idea came about then considering critters, who are accustomed to the Arctic chill.  What better to accompany a frozen treat than these little polar bear and penguin ice pop cozies!  They are created with 3D applique and embroidery as well.  These cozy critters can be found in my Etsy shop and by clicking on the photo link below.



Sophisticated Garden Party Flower Cozies

The idea for these festive summer garden party themed cozies came to me one day after spending time in my garden among the posies.  How cute would these be for a garden-themed party, a little girl's birthday party or even a bridal shower?  These floral cozies can be found in my Etsy shop and by clicking on the photo link below.



Crazy for Minions Cozies

These little guys were inspired by the "Minions" and "Despicable Me" movies.  Meet "Stuart", "Kevin" and "Bob"!  



I also made a Hawaiian Luau Minion inspired by the beach island scene in "Despicable Me 2" complete with grass skirt and coconut bikini top.





No comments:

Post a Comment