This baby afghan pattern is of my own original design. I created it as a baby shower gift for a new baby boy. I chose to go with a nontraditional color palate of muted blues, greens and grey for his stylish mama-to-be.
To accompany this afghan, I also created matching booties and an ear flap hat. I look forward to her reaction!
The instructions consist of octagon granny blocks that are sewn together along with diamond-shaped blocks to create a beautifully detailed afghan. The finished afghan measures approximately 33 inches long x 26 inches wide.
• Size I crochet hook
• Medium Weight Yarn (I use Red Heart Soft Yarn)
• Main Color: Bernat Softee Baby Yarn - 2 skeins of Antique White (3.5 oz. each)
• Bernat Softee Baby Yarn – 1 skein of Blue Jeans (3.5 oz.)
• Bernat Softee Baby Yarn – 1 skein of Mint Green (3.5 oz.)
• Bernat Satin Yarn – 1 skein of Sage (3.5 oz.)
• Bernat Satin Yarn – 1 skein of Heather Grey Mist (3.5 oz.)
• Yarn needle
• Chain (ch)
• Half Double Crochet (hdc)
• Double Crochet (dc)
• Double Crochet 2 Together (dc2tog)
• Half Double Crochet 2 Together (hdc2tog)
• Single Crochet (sc)
• Slip Stitch (sl st)