My Little Model
This Little Man Chevron Baby Cocoon and Newboy Hat Set is my own original design. My vision for this cocoon was to create a chevron baby cocoon in soft colors with the top opening in the style of a folded-down collar and button enclosure similar to a men's Henley top.
I also wanted to achieve a more practical cocoon design that would not only be adorable as a newborn photo prop but for everyday use. The button-down front adds to the practicality because it makes it easier for baby to be placed into and taken out of the cocoon.
Because the color pattern of the cocoon is so busy, I made a simple matching ivory newsboy cap and added aqua buttons to match the cocoon.
The Set with the "Collar" Turned Down
The Set with the "Collar" Turned Up
This set would be perfect for a baby boy or could even be considered gender-neutral by those who don't mind blue as a girl color.
I have written the PATTERN for this set and am also offering the FINISHED SET for sale in my Etsy Shop.
ABOUT THE PATTERN:This is an intermediate-level pattern, which includes detailed instructions and photos to create this adorable cocoon and hat set.
- Size “I” Hook (for the satin yarn)
- 10.5 oz. (3 skeins) Vanna’s Choice Baby Yarn (4 Weight Yarn) in “Lamb” (Ivory)
- 3.5 oz. Vanna’s Choice Baby Yarn (4 Weight Yarn) in “Aqua”
- 3.5 oz. Vanna’s Choice Baby Yarn (4 Weight Yarn) in “Duckie” (Yellow)
- 3.5 oz. Vanna’s Choice Baby Yarn (4 Weight Yarn) in “Mint”
- Yarn Needle
- Sewing Needle
- White Sewing Thread
- ½ Inch White Buttons (6 total)
- 1-Inch Aqua Buttons (2 total)
- Slip Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Half Double Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Half Double Crochet Two Together
- Double Crochet Two Together
- Triple (Treble) Crochet