Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Crochet Ladies' Navy Blue, Cornflower & Grey Beret

I had fun making this hat not only because blue is one of my very favorite colors but because the beret style is so fashionable and flirty.  When designing this beret, I wanted it to have a subtle feminine scalloped pattern, so I added rows of variously sized scallops through the middle.  The brim of the hat fits snug around the face, covers the ears and is edged with a feminine scalloped design.

I just love the color combination, but it could be made in any color combo--or even in one solid color. The possibilities are many!

When I tried this hat on for sizing purposes, I fell in love with the style and color.  I have never considered myself a "hat girl", but this hat changed my mind.  My husband even commented on how much it complimented my face shape and eye color--and that's significant coming from a man who barely notices a new haircut.  ;)  I am definitely making another for myself!

This hat is available for immediate shipping at my Etsy shop!  Just click on any of the images below to be directed to the listing.





This hat is very similar to one I made for my niece a few years ago as a Christmas gift.  Here is my daughter modeling it below.  She's my little camera ham, for sure!




Thanks for visiting my blog!  Please come again any time!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment