Friday, June 12, 2015

Crochet Chevron & Mermaid Scale Lined Beach Tote Bag



This adorable crocheted tote bag is 18" x 16" x 3".

The exterior is made in luxurious and stylish Bernat Satin yarn, which is super soft and has a smooth satin-like sheen.  The top portion of the bag is a trendy thin-striped chevron pattern in grey and white, and the bottom is my own mermaid scale design in aquamarine. Canvas lines the interior of the bag to help secure valuables, and it has sturdy exposed-canvas handles.

Unlike the crocodile stitch, my mermaid scale design is much simpler and uses much less yarn. That's what I love so much about it.  The texture is similar, and there is both a time and cost savings!

It's also easy to launder--just wash in warm/cold water and dry on medium heat.

It is available in my Etsy shop as a finished product as well as my very own written-out pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment