Sunday, January 31, 2016

Crochet Soft Baby Swaddling Wrap/Cocoon & Hat Set




I've been holding onto two skeins of soft, chunky Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn for a while just wondering what to do with it.  Thankfully, an idea came to me today!  Inspired by the baby swaddling wraps that I personally found extremely clever for both of my children during their infancies, I created this baby swaddling wrap/cocoon.  The wrap/cocoon is made primarily of the soft, warm Baby Clouds yarn and is embellished with a lacy edging and flowers made using Caron Simply Soft satin yarn.

I love this set so much that I've also made another in preparation for the arrival of our baby girl as well as writing the pattern for others. 

This set is not only photography session worthy but also very practical for everyday use.  Below is a little more information behind the design:

The Wrapping "Wings"

The top "wings" of the wrap/cocoon wrap in a crisscross fashion across the front and are secured with large white buttons. The buttons' positions may be adjusted on the panels, so the wrap/cocoon fits tighter or looser per your baby's needs/preference.




The edges of the wrapping "wings" include a delicate, feminine mint green lacy edging. The front-side of the wrap/cocoon is adorned with a decorative color-coordinated flower with leaves and a pearl bead sewn into the center.

The Hat

The hat is made using the same yarn as the swaddling wrap/cocoon body. It also includes a coordinating decorative flower with leaves and pearl bead as well as mint green lacy edging identical to that of the wrap/cocoon. 

.

The pattern for this set is also available in my Etsy shop.  Just click HERE for the pattern.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE
February 3, 2016

Inspired by this week's spring-like weather, I made another swaddling wrap/cocoon with two of my favorite spring flowers in mind--daffodils and snowdrops.  This set can be found HERE my Etsy shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment