Friday, September 19, 2014

Crochet Rose & Chocolate Baby Layette



This was a made-to-order baby layette for a customer, who wanted to a special gift for her dear friend.  Her friend's nursery colors were chocolate, light pink and rose. My customer simply told me to use my imagination to create something very feminine, as she said she trusted I'd create something beautiful.  Aww...  She got a hug for that.

I had a lot of fun creating the design.  I created my own pattern for the afghan and now only wish I had taken the time to write it down.




For the sweater, booties and bonnet, I referenced a well-loved and utilized pattern from an old, tattered magazine.  I have used that pattern so many times that it was imprinted upon my memory at that point.  I simply applied the same concept to the style of granny squares I had designed.




After the baby shower, my customer said her new mommy friend just adores the set.  As she opened it, it received many compliments.  Also, it matched her nursery perfectly!

Just knowing my work is appreciated makes me so happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment