Thursday, September 18, 2014

Crochet Technicolor Daisy Baby Afghan

I made this afghan for a friend, who wanted to give a special gift to a new baby in her family.  She wanted a fun feminine pattern and bright colors, so this is what I suggested.  She was very pleased with the end product.

The only problem...  She had packed it away for safe keeping until her relative's baby shower.  In the meantime, her husband was busy cleaning out clutter from their house.  Unbeknownst to her, he took the box containing "her special gift" to Goodwill and donated it along with other keepsakes.  Poor thing...  She was in tears when she told me what had happened.  I bet her husband will never hear the end of that!

Pictured below is the now donated afghan.  My friend and I agree that maybe it was meant to go to someone else.  You just never know!  Perhaps someone out there needed a special surprise pick-me-up!




THE PATTERN

I found the FREE pattern for the daisy here.  Also, you'll find the directions to form the square shape here.

For the border, I crocheted three colorful rows of granny square double crochet stitches, one row of white double crochet stitches around and then a lacy outer border.

No comments:

Post a Comment